Cryptocurrencies opened the week jumping big, a reversal from a weekend market dive.
- Yearn.Finance (YFI) trading around $50,951 as of 21:00 UTC (4 p.m. ET). Jumping 76% over the previous 24 hours.
- Ether (ETH) trading around $2,668 as of 21:00 UTC (4 p.m. ET). In the green 34% over the previous 24 hours.
- Ether’s 24-hour range: $1,970-$2,668 (CoinDesk 20)
- Bitcoin (BTC) trading around $39,801 as of 21:00 UTC (4 p.m. ET). Gaining 19% over the previous 24 hours.
- Bitcoin’s 24-hour range: $33,141-$39,801 (CoinDesk 20)
DeFi tokens explode
The decentralized finance, or DeFi, sector of the cryptocurrency market is making major performance jumps Monday. The token of lending protocol Yearn.Finance is up over 76% as of press time. In addition, UNI, the token of the leading decentralized exchange by volume, Uniswap, has climbed 54% as of press time.
According to charting software TradingView, so far in 2021 both yearn